- About Us
Personalized Communication Channel At Scale! Get More Engagement With Personalized Emails!
Update Your Contact’s Settings With One Click
Very Detailed Statistics That No Other Companies Can Give
Improve Customer Loyalty With Transactional Emails
Mailsoftly Makes It Easier To Collect Personal Information
Create an email list and send emails to the right audience.
Divide Your Customers According To Their Interest
Well Designed and Well Written Emails
Send Your Mails Automatically And Save Time
Before sending your subscribers an email, preview it first.
Instead of making your life more difficult, start writing responsive emails with a great design.
Find the data that is important for your business.
Bring your emails to life with animated GIFs
Stay ahead of the curve with Mailsoftly’s AI-generated emails.
Maximize your impact and minimize your workload with an email autoresponder.
Connect with your audience more effectively
Serves you the essential tools for your email marketing strategy.
Send Emails That Receivers Want to Receive
Import Your Contacts Easily
- Email Templates
Updated Email Marketing Statics Projecting for 2023
Email marketing is one of the most efficient and economical ways to connect with customers and maintain a relationship with them. As far as we know, statistics show that email marketing has a higher ROI than any other marketing channel.
However, as we have always declared, email marketing is constantly evolving. As new technologies emerge, so do new email marketing trends. It is important to stay up-to-date with the latest email marketing statistics and trends so that you can adjust your email marketing strategy accordingly. According to the latest email marketing (mainly Q3/2022) reports, email marketing is set to continue growing in the coming years.
One of our previous blog posts, titled as 7 Surprising Email Marketing Statistics for 2023 we have shared some specific and crucial statistics regarding email marketing strategies for 2023 projections. In this article, we will provide you with more latest email marketing statistics and leading trends for 2023. We hope that this information will help you fine-tune your email marketing strategy and improve your ROI.
Let’s begin with the basics and then details on updated email marketing statistics, trends and global dynamics.
25 Email Marketing Statics Projecting for 2023
- Almost all reports declare that the number of email users worldwide is going to be around 4.4 billion whereas the world’s population is almost 8 billion.
- Moreover, in 2023 Number of sent and received emails per day worldwide is going to be 347.3 billion!
- Email marketing revenue is projected to reach $9.62 billion in 2023.
- 82% of marketers globally are expected to implement email marketing in 2023, and 65% are expected to use email marketing software for content marketing.
- Email remains at the core of business marketing strategies, with 89% of marketers saying email marketing is their primary strategy.
- For every $1 marketers spend on email marketing, they are expected to receive $36 in return.
- 59% of respondents said that they use email at least once a week for marketing purposes.
- Welcome emails have the highest open rates (91.43%) with an average CTR of 26.9%, outperforming other email marketing types.
- As of September 2021, Gmail is ranked as the most used e-mail client for 36.5 percent of e-mail opens; however this data is revised via another source that according to numbers as of August 2022, Apple has the majority of the email client market share with the percentage of 57.72%.
- As of March 2022 e-mail marketing metrics showed that Apple Mail Privacy Protection services accounted for 52.6% of email opens globally. In second place was 33% webmail.
- Email is still one of the most used methods for communications in the U.S. as of January 2022 texts, SMS, and messages and phone calls.
- 1 out of every 5 email campaign is reported not being mobile-friendly.
- It is estimated that the e-mail marketing revenue globally is going to reach around 11 billion USD. Plus, email marketing software market value is going to be around 1.62 billion USD on a global scale.
- According to the sources, education industry has the highest email click-to-open rate with the percentage of 28.5% which is followed by Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing, Hunting industries with a share of 27.3%
- As users we should admit that we have a fish memory. In 2022, almost 40% of respondents in the U.S. stated that they had changed their email password. Only 6% of respondents indicated that they have never changed their email password.
- According to email usage in U.S. records, U.S. email owners spent 172 minutes daily reading their personal emails through the year 2021. The following numbers are gathered from the same source:
- According to the results of another survey conducted within the same scope, 37% of respondents in the U.S. declared that they had two email addresses; however, 28% of attendants stated having over 4 email addresses in 2021.
- Demografically email usage among U.S. users aged 25-44 is 95.19%; in addition to this email usage among U.S. women is 92.46%.
- Correspondence with friends and family is the most preferred email activity among U.S. Silent Generation users in 2022
- Hybrid U.S. workers have received 31 emails weekly in 2021
- 38% of U.S. workers writing a follow-up email within 2-4 days.
- E-mails are the most appropriate outside work hours communication channel for U.S. workers.
- Overall, Monday is the best day of the week with the highest email open rates of 22.0%.
- According to another survey of online users in the United States, almost the entirety of Millennials and Gen X users relied on email communications, confirming this communication method as one of the most trusted and versatile. Around 94 percent of users aged between nine and 24 years, namely Gen Z users, reported relying on email communications as of January 2022 which signifies the emphasis on email marketing for younger generations as well as adults (Please check the link for boomers!)
- In 2022, Another research is conducted for types of retail emails, which are most likely to be opened by online shoppers. According to these numbers 62% of users open messages about promotions / discounts currently available whereas the shipping confirmations and order confirmations share the same percentage with 52%. Delivery confirmations 43% and offers regarding loyalty programs 40% share another great percentage within the scope of user habits. These numbers indicate the emphasis of sending retail emails to the customers to keep the communication active.
Digital World Projections for 2023
Media Consumption Trends for 2023 declare that there is no slowing down for digital media; on the contrary the figures will rise steadily. It is estimated that the average consumer is going to spend 500 minutes on digital media in 2023.
2023 is also predicted to be a year of advancement and crystallization, with a focus on practical investments that accelerate digital expansion and IT innovation. Social media is projected to increase in 2023, with CIOs focusing on investments that will pay off. Natural selection of the digital asset ecosystem will be a powerful force, with organizations shifting from hybrid to multi cloud for optimized cloud usage. IT spending is projected to total $4.6 trillion in 2023 and augmented reality (AR) and other immersive experiences will become increasingly popular.
DataReportal, being one of the most trustworthy sources in digital media, published their annual summary of 2022 for digital platforms and projections for 2023. Below data is driven and summarized from the presentation of Simon Kemp regarding upcoming digital trends and themes which will frame marketing approaches in the following year.
- More than 5 billion people worldwide are using the internet.
- Current trends suggest that 2 in 3 people globally will be online by the end of 2023.
- 66.9% of the world population, mainly 5.34 billion people use mobile phones.
- Social media users have reached the 4.7 billion mark.
- Almost 200 million people are taking a step into the online world for the first time as of July 2022.
According to the report, the typical internet user now spends more than 40% of their awake time using connected devices and services. Additionally, the global internet population is estimated to have spent a combined total of more than 1.4 billion years of collective human existence using the internet in 2022 alone.
The figures indicate that, even if you are producing ads or promotional content you should add value to your customers, clients and friends who are segmented at your contact list! Because, as you can see, any time is precious for each of us. When it comes to creating digital content, it's important to provide value to your audience - even if that content is an advertisement or a campaign. If you want to build a strong relationship with your audience, you need to create content that is helpful, informative, and interesting. Think about the type of content you would want to see if you were in your audience's shoes. What would be helpful to you? What would you find interesting? If you can provide value with your content, you'll be much more likely to build a loyal following that will keep coming back for more.
One more striking projection from the report is the rise of “AI revolutions''. Digital marketers expect that generative AI will deliver big changes in the year ahead too. Ongoing trends indicates that the capabilities of tools like Dall • E and Midjourney will keep on to accelerate in 2023, and inventors report that we’ll probably see functionality for audio and video become more extensively available over the coming months as well. This will nearly inescapably bring significant dislocation to creative diligence. Moreover with these tools making it easier for anyone to create beautiful artwork in a matter of seconds – from the comfort of their armchair, using just a few text prompts – we may indeed need to review what we mean by terms like creativity. Whatever your take on these technologies however, the Pandora’s box is already opened.
To sum up projections, email marketing is going to retain its throne in upcoming 2023, too. Here’s a quick summary in a list for top email marketing trends for 2023 including both structural and content items:
- Increasing usage of interactive content
- A focus on key email metrics beyond open rate
- Privacy technologies
- Product launches and small businesses becoming more influential
- User-generated content
- Hyper-segmentation and personalization
- Irregular frames
- Colorful and patterned drop shadows
- Usage of mixed media
Looking ahead to 2023, it is clear that the digital world will continue to grow and evolve at a rapid pace. Some of the most important trends will include the continued growth of digital channels and mobile devices, the rise of artificial intelligence, and the increasing importance of data security. Businesses should be aware of these topics, and to stay ahead of the curve, they need to be prepared to embrace these trends and adapt their strategies accordingly. In order to stay ahead of the curve, businesses need to be familiar with these digital improvements and how they will impact their industry.
As we always underlined that email marketing is one of the most popular and compelling methods for businesses and people both for communication and promotion. Some key trends such as personalization and segmentation, mobile optimization, interactive and User-generated content and automation are going to be vital in the following terms too. Overall, the key to success in email marketing is to create valuable and relevant content for your audience and to continuously test and optimize your campaigns to improve their effectiveness as well keeping uptodate with the digital trends.
As an the best email marketing software Mailsoftly provides the most useful tools and features to specify your emails such as personalization, segmentation, tagging, unique subject lines, ROI statics and so on! By means of Mailsoftly’s email marketing software features, you can create emails with a few clicks and send the exact content to the pin point customers. Additionally you can save your templates, preferences and segmentation lists for future email campaigns. Thanks to Mailsoftly, you can create attractive messages for your clients, customers and partners for your 2023 email marketing strategy. Try Mailsoftly for free now!